Samsø has a LNG fueled ferry and we are planning to start producing biogas for local liquefaction in 2018/19. To liquefy biomethane in small scale is not standard technology, but the demand for this type of solution for biogas plants without access to gas grid is expected to increase in the future.
The purpose of the workshop is to reduce technological uncertainties for potential investors. When investors are convinced, we expect to tender a liquefaction plant in 2018. We plan this open process to share as much info as possible for an interested audience:
- Gather technology providers and decision makers to discuss technological aspects and scaling issues of upgrading and liquefaction of biogas into Liquid Biomethane
- The case of Samsø Field-to ferry biogas concept should be the case for discussion with perspectives for scaling
- To unveil technology challenges, investment and production costs, energy consumption, methane losses etc.
There will be a panel of relevant experts to ask questions after the presentations, as this needs specialized knowledge.
Monday, June 12th, 2017
– Optional show around on the bunkering station in Hou (Jutland) 13-14, ferry show-around 14.30-15.30
– Potential meeting with mayor and other key stakeholders individually
– Lodging and dinner
Tuesday, June 13th, 2017 – Biogas Liquefaction workshop
Location: Samsø Energy Academy, Strandengen 1, 8305 Samsø
Welcome by Marcel Meijer, Mayor of Samsø
Presentation of ‘expert panel’:
– PlanEnergi, Samsø Technical Department, Samsø Rederi, Samsø Harbours, Kosan Crisplant
Knud Tybirk, Samsø Biogas IVS: Field to Ferry case presentation including the Liquefaction challenge and project GO-LNG scope
Kosan Crisplant: The LNG bunkering solution in Hou used for the ferry Princess Isabella
Air Liquide: Experiences and proposed solution for the Samsø Case plus Q&A
CryoPur: Experiences and proposed solution for the Samsø Case incl. Q&A
StirLNG/Pentair experiences and proposed solution for the Samsø Case incl. Q&A
Nærenergi/Cryobox: experiences and proposed solution for the Samsø Case plus Q&A
General discussion of scope and scale for liquefaction
Dinner hosted by Samsø Municipality
Wednesday, June 14th, 2017
Potentially individual meetings with decision makers /technical department.
09.00-12.00 GO-LNG WP6 meeting at Samsø Municipality